Monday, September 12, 2011

Let the craziness begin!

Another late summer week, another batch of sunrise pictures. Sorry if it gets boring...but it is what I'm seeing a lot of these days...that and ragweed, and I promise the sunrises are much prettier than the ragweed and my allergic eyes & nose!

Here are 3 of my favorites from this past week.

And here is something a bit different...tonight's moonrise. So pretty with the clouds and the barn and the field...
Let's see...on the crafty side of life, I completed a bunch of scrapbook kits this week. I admit that they don't stretch my creativity like designing my own layouts, but they are super easy to get done, and it's an easy way to get things scrapped. I tend to use my own designs more when I'm wanting to tell more of a story, or a more important story...I never feel that kits 1. give you enough room for long journaling, and 2. feel personal enough for the important things. But, they are a fast and easy way to scrap every day pictures that might otherwise just sit in the photo albums but never be seen by anyone. I also finished up a couple more Prima Live projects, but I don't have pictures of them...have to remember to do it when I have good outside light to use or they come out pretty yellowed in the light indoors.

Mom and Dad came out this weekend, and while Dad and K rode the horses and I worked on kits, Mom worked on a couple small and relatively simple quilts she has been wanting to try. They aren't finished, but they are super adorable so far, so can't wait to see how they turn out. Much like when I was working on my rag quilt last weekend, she got tons of help from the pups...Lucky being the most helpful:
And he wouldn't move. She ended up leaving him there for ~30 minutes and doing something else until he decided to relocate. Not that he's spoiled or anything! Actually he just celebrated his 14th birthday last Friday (9/9, the same day as grandpa Ron's), so he can get away with most anything these days. I am about a 5th of the way through getting my rag quilt edges snipped...and we even got to try it out unfinished after having a kitty accident in bed at ~11pm Saturday night. Slow and steady is my mantra for getting it finished, but I am getting rather excited to have a blanket on the bed that still covers me even with dogs in the middle weighing it down (seriously, if you have never slept with 50-70lb dog blanket-weights on blankets that barely go down the sides of the bed to begin with, especially on cold winter nights, you don't know what kind of frozen body parts you are missing!)

And did I mention crazy? This weekend we'll be headed to a KSU football game with G&J (GO CATS!), then K has his next interview next Wed/Thurs., followed by a trip to Wichita/OK for a friends' memorial service and K's step-fathers' 70th birthday party at the end of the week. Then the next week we are working to schedule trips for both of us to visit the two places he interviewed with a couple of weeks ago to determine if we think we can live there (completely different climate and lifestyle than what we are used to). He keeps complaining about how impatient he is to move on to an exciting new job, and I keep saying that when things start rolling, we are going to be going crazy with everything that we have to get done. I think he's starting to see my point with the schedule that is lining up to take us through the rest of September.

I am excited about what the future holds for us, but I know once I'm away I'll miss KS again...the changing farmland with the seasons, seeing for miles and miles (including all of those wonderful sunrises), the ragweed, er, no no no, not the ragweed, and, especially at this time of year...the sunflowers...

No comments: